There are so many factors to consider when exploring the best way to effectively design and keep air conditioned. From the layout of space (low ceilings and raised floors etc.), the extent of cooling needed, the level of environmental monitoring required, the best system of fire suppression, the list goes on. However, with INFINITI’s extensive experience and dedication, we offer an unbiased view on the best solution for you and your business.
Designing a new server room at first may seem to be an intimidating project, there are after all, a lot of factors and standards to consider. However, setting up the space and equipment doesn’t have to be an ordeal – that’s if you plan and make sure you have all necessary components. We have made you a simple checklist to facilitate the design of your server room!
- Preferably, your room should have no windows so all monitoring systems can get a accurate reading
- Ensure space is large enough for future expansion - your business may grow and so will it's services
- Ceiling should be around or at least 2.5m tall for cabinets and other necessary equipment
- Should have drop ceiling returns to exhaust heat
- The computer racks should have a clearance of at least 42 inches
- All racks should have proper grounding and seismic bracing
- Server rooms should contain fire suppression systems just in case a fire happens or fault in systems
- Ensure to have water leak and humidity monitors installed to ensure a smooth running server room
- We recommend racks should be arranged in a hot-aisle/cold-aisle configuration.
- Use cooling equipment with variable speed fans
- Ensure to plan for redundancy, do not rely on building air conditioning system for back up
- Temperature monitoring
- IT equipment and HVAC should have separate power panels
- There should be no heat-generating support equipment
- Electrical systems should have an isolated ground, grounding grid and dedicated neutral
- If needed, back-up power should be available for any server room or data centre
INFINITI is a one-stop data centre solutions provider with an eye for detail and outstanding customer service. With decades of experience, IT Operations Managers and Engineers return to us time after time, due to our high levels of expertise, efficiency, and knowledge. We cater to all aspects of mission critical IT environments with products and a service that is second to none.
Contact our team today to find out how we can help design, build and install your new server room!