NHS Trust (North West Ambulance Service) - Emergency Services Data Centre Design and Build With Expertise and Flexibility
At the start of 2018, North West Ambulance Service (NHS Trust) began the search for a completely new build, design and installation. This required a company with exceptional experience and expertise in the fields of emergency services Data centre Design, Build and installation who could also advise throughout the process. Shortly after the tender was released they began working with INFINITI who completed not only within the budget but on time. Delivering with full compliance and a hassle-free installation which has gone onto serve the country’s emergency call centre.
Liverpool, Lancashire, UK
NHS - Emergency Services Data Centre Design & Build
To consolidate three sites into one and to improve on the organisation’s existing emergency services data centre infrastructure quality. To overcome a weight distribution issue as the Data Centre needed to be located on the first floor.
The INFINITI team not only had to overcome the challenges brought about by the amalgamation of live sites and the first floor location but as the NWAS is part of the UK’s emergency call centre network, it was critical to ensure that the Data Centre did not suffer any downtime during construction or in the future should the power in the area go out. The timeframe for this project was eight weeks.
The NWAS required a company that could deliver a team they could trust to work under strict authorization and privacy, one who would not only tick all the compliance boxes but would also be able to complete the work within the given timeframe and budget.
This required a company with exceptional experience and expertise in the fields of emergency services Data Centre Design who could also advise throughout the process and deliver with full compliance a hassle-free installation.
- Design and Build of a new Tier 3 high density disk data centre (running more than 10KW per cabinet) in a brand new office space
- Design and installation of a steel subframe within the raised flooring to support the load
- Provision of 100kVA UPS system configured as 2N, bypass panel and electrical systems, design and build of electric systems
- Highly efficient direct cabinet cooling design
- Installation of fire suppression systems and Environmental Monitoring System
- Specialist guidance throughout the process
INFINITI completed the project to specification, within budget, and most importantly, within the deadlines involved. The client was able to move to their new location and move into the new offices on time. The benefits experienced include:
- A successful long-term virtualized solution to support future expansion.
- Easy management and efficiency
- Current and future compliance – meeting global standards and regulations now and in the future
- A competitive solution that meets timescales and budget requirements
- Deep understanding of the work required from the initial scope document
- No disruption to business
- A highly visible, approachable and friendly team
As a data centre provider offering both consultancy and building services, Infiniti can help offer
guidance and support on the best options for your business.