Data Centre Design and Build For Ministry of Defence Division
In Summer 2015 a Ministry of Defence Division began the search for a new design and improvements on their existing data centre infrastructure quality. This required a company with exceptional experience and expertise in the fields of Data centre Design, Builds and Maintenance who could also advise throughout the process. Shortly after the tender was released they began working with INFINITI who completed not only within the budget but on time. Delivering with full compliance and a hassle-free installation.
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Ministry of Defence Data Centre
Data Centre Design and Build to improve existing data centre infrastructure quality.
The Ministry of Defence released a tender in Spring 2015 and many companies and specialists applied to carry out the large amount of work tendered.
Not only did the MOD require specialist data centre consultancy but a company with great experience in designing, building and maintaining data centres. Originally, they had their data centre in London, but they felt moving it to their division in Aldershot provided better space accommodation.
So, the INFINITI team not only had to improve their current systems but also expand the data centre. The MOD required a company that could not only work under strict authorization and privacy but delivered a team they could trust to get on with the work required and who would tick all the compliance boxes within the given time and budget.
Shortly after the careful and thorough selection process to carry out the work, INFINITI who was selected went straight to work on the data centre design and build of this new project. The work included;
- Design, Build and expansion of a new data centre in new office space
- Installation of composite panelling system for 1- hour fire rated room with high security panelling
- Installation & Commissioning of 200kVA Generator and 400 Litre Tank with an approximate full load time of 24 hours.
- Installation of ATS Panel & electrical infrastructure to support the new Generator.
- Provision of UPS 60kA/54kW, bypass panel and electrical systems, design and build of electric systems
- Design, installation and provision of one-hour fire rated block up doorways, security door and heavy duty anti-static vinyl flooring
- Environmental Monitoring System and certified CAT6 data systems within the data centre.
- Installation of anti-static vinyl flooring
- Specialist guidance throughout the process
- Design of a class 2 CPNI base and a SR4 security rated modular composite data centre structure
INFINITI completed the project to specification, within budget, and most importantly, within the deadlines involved. The client was able to move to their new location and move into the new offices on time. The benefits experienced include:
- A successful long-term virtualized solution to support future expansion.
- Easy management and efficiency
- Current and future compliance – meeting global standards and regulations now and in the future
- A competitive solution that meets timescales and budget requirements
- Deep understanding of the work required from the initial scope document
- No disruption to business
- A highly visible and friendly team
Quick Contact Form
If you're interested in our data centre services and would like to enquire further, please fill in the below form. After submitting, we will get in touch within 24 hours. If you have any urgent issues, please contact our team by phone.
As a data centre provider offering both consultancy and building services, Infiniti can help offer
guidance and support on the best options for your business.